I'm a good looking girl...at least I think so. Well, that is basically the general consensus around here. These little 16 and 17 year old boys running around school talking about how much "swag" they got or playing macho games, worrying who has sex with the most girls or who has the biggest rims on a car they begged their older brother/cousin to drive. Even the boys who just graduated, maybe stayed in Georgia and went somewhere like GA State...don't get me started on that.
Immature boys parading around as men, chasing every skirt they see.
At first, I really wanted to believe Dontae Brown was so different. I was smart enough to know better not to date the QB of the football team. But he looked so good...with his nice, white teeth and chiseled abs. He had this slick Southern drawl that made my insides melt and every time he called me "boo" or "Shawty," it reminded me of T.I. And everybody who knows me knows I love me some T.I.
It was only 2 years ago when everybody in Atlanta was looking for him to lead the school to a state championship. Now he's playing at GA State on scholarship, although I have yet to have been invited to a game. I guess he had been having a good season because I read about him in the paper all the time. His team is awful but he does pretty well. Even still, after all this time, it really doesn't feel like WE are going anywhere.
Why?
Look, I'm not stupid. He had all the little chicks on his tip when he was in high school and I don't expect college to be any different. It maybe a few thousand more people, but women are wired the same regardless. A young, healthy piece of dark meat with athletic ability, a killer smile, and intentions of getting some type of education??? They're going to attack that with any and every chance they get. And knowing Dontae like I know him, he welcomes the attention.
People have seen me cry my eyes out and tell my sad story, but I'm a big girl and I am...
Oooh...there he is.
If what I just said made you think my heart raced for Dontae, you haven't seen anything until you've seen Gavin...uh, Mr. Marshall.
OMGeee!!!
He is so fine. It's not just his degree in education, his smooth, copper-toned skin, or the fact that he is just so damn perfect...but the man can play the hell out of the piano.
First time I stepped foot in his class, he was sitting on the bench. He had a low cut, head almost bald. I remember he was wearing some navy pants and this checkered white button down. He was so well put together that his tie and socks matched the stripes on his shirt.
Back to reality, the sexiest sound came from the piano when his fingers tickled the keys. The vibrations touched my inner woman as I felt like I'd cream myself if he would touch me as gracefully as he touched the piano. A few minutes seemed like a trip into forever as he played some old hits that I would only hear the maid play when she is cleaning on the weekends (when my parents aren't home, of course). And then...
He sang...
And quickly Dontae seemed even more second rate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment